Yet another Photo of the Day courtesy of Forum member urbandreamer, this photo captures the rapid growth of downtown Toronto. Many of the buildings seen on the right side of the photo are the product of this latest construction boom and have helped push the traditional boundaries of the core westward. Notable additions seen here include the RBC Dexia building, the Ritz-Carlton, M5V, Festival Tower and Charlie. Change, however, is not limited to new construction but also includes the original pioneers of high-rise modernism in the city. The two-toned black exterior of the Royal Trust Tower you see on the left is part of this change. As a welcome component of the revitalization of the Toronto-Dominion Centre, the buildings will receive a fresh coat of paint to restore their skeletal steel exteriors to their original lustre.
Photo of the Day: Downtown Toronto Viewed from Dundas West
April 11, 2012 11:00 am | by Evan Manning | Comments
Only a few spectacular suites remain at The Residences at The Ritz‑Carlton, Toronto, where owners live atop Toronto’s finest 5-star luxury hotel. Already the city’s most coveted social and business...
Situated in Toronto’s Entertainment District along historic King Street West just east of Spadina, M5V Condominiums is a spectacular, innovative jewel of a building soaring into the city skyline with...
80 John Street , Toronto | The Daniels Corporation
Situated atop the tiff Bell Lightbox, the new home of the Toronto International Film Festival Group at King and John, in the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District, Festival Tower is a 'film-...
430 King Street West, Toronto | Great Gulf Homes
Charlie defines mile high style. An urban ornament designed by Diamond + Schmitt Architects, Charlie represents the latest in architectural innovation. Contemporary clear glass stretches along the...
Related news• Checking Out the 2014 Pug Award Nominees
• Throwback Thursday: The Future tiff Bell Lightbox / Festival Tower Gets A Crane
• Throwback Thursday: CBC's Skyline View Goes To The Ritz-Carlton
• Ballast Dedicated at Great Gulf's Charlie Condo
• A Look Inside Great Gulf's Charlie Condos
• Daniels Introduces Rent to Own Program for Cinema Tower
• 'Ballast' to Anchor Great Gulf's Charlie Condos at King & Charlotte
popular dataBase projects
- Thought today was cold? Today's #PhotoOfTheDay features a beautiful Winter scene from @WaterfrontTO's #SugarBeach http://t.co/5lb9P3AXVz — 3 hours 34 min ago
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is Howard Park Residences phase 2 by Triumph Developments, coming to Dundas and Roncesvalles http://t.co/mgBqfUgTsh — 3 hours 37 min ago
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is @tasdesignbuild's @DukeCondos, a new #condo #development coming to Dupont and Dundas http://t.co/u4dIrhAgiJ — 18 hours 46 min ago
- The Yorkdale #Condominiums bring renewal across from #ttc #subway & #mall @HelloContext @MetropiaDev @KPMBarchitects http://t.co/Ck8xxdsL4g — 19 hours 46 min ago
- We check out the evolution of a suite and more at Ocean Club #Condos by #Graywood Developments and #Beaverhall Homes http://t.co/HaubxRpnPW — 22 hours 3 min ago
- Work is progressing on sister #condo projects The Carlaw and The Taylor by @STREETCARlofts in #Toronto's Leslieville http://t.co/5lKKs920Jp — 1 day 23 min ago