UrbanToronto member Caltrane got this terrific telephoto image of Burano, now rising two floors above grade, along Bay north of College, while condominium developments lining the east side of Bay Street make a terrifically urban backdrop. With parking lot after parking lot becoming 30-, 40-, and 50-something storey towers from Dundas to Davenport, Bay will soon cease to feel like Yonge Street's back alley.
Quick Pic: Lanterra's Burano Adds To The Developing Bay Street Canyon
June 29, 2010 1:00 am | by Craig White | Comments
The art of Burano is a congruence of sculpture, painting, delicate lace and effervescent hues against a canvas of colourful homes on the maze of narrow streets that have existed for centuries. This...
Our vision for the Murano glass tower, in downtown Toronto, started with internationally renowned architect, Peter Clewes. Peter designed the stunning glass-sheathed, twin tower project and carefully...
Related news• The Pug Awards Looks at New Condominiums in Toronto
• Lanterra Buys 11 Wellesley West For Future Development
• 990 Bay Gives Way to 1Thousand
• Bay Street Abuzz With Development Activity
• How to Create a Fresco: Sandro Martini Talks About His Monumental Work at Burano Condominiums
• Sandro Martini Feted as Burano Fresco is Unveiled
• Photo of the Day: Aura Rises Up From Downtown
popular dataBase projects
- Heritage Gate Mississauga Road #townhomes are designed to fit in with historic Streetsville village @DunparHomes http://t.co/qACkJkAeW7 — 1 hour 57 min ago
- Catch up with The Heathview rental project in #Toronto's Forest Hill neighbourhood by @Morguard http://t.co/Ci4QhjDrw1 Page+Steele @ibigroup — 4 hours 5 min ago
- Nyctophilia is the name of controversial new #publicart in #Toronto's Mount Dennis neighbourhood. Love it? Hate it? http://t.co/igjfLaD7eN — 5 hours 33 min ago
- #ErinMillsTownCentre is reaching a milestone in its redevelopment project tomorrow with the opening of a Target store http://t.co/0312Q5tii6 — 5 hours 52 min ago
- Ontario Gov't reveals concept plans to make #OntarioPlace a year round destination with no condos in the mix: http://t.co/85FAcGKFH3 #TOpoli — 7 hours 49 min ago
- In this week's #ThrowbackThursday, we compare SPIRE Condos with its predecessor...a parking lot. #Toronto #tbt http://t.co/07lm2QP4Ny — 8 hours 9 min ago