UrbanToronto member Caltrane got this terrific telephoto image of Burano, now rising two floors above grade, along Bay north of College, while condominium developments lining the east side of Bay Street make a terrifically urban backdrop. With parking lot after parking lot becoming 30-, 40-, and 50-something storey towers from Dundas to Davenport, Bay will soon cease to feel like Yonge Street's back alley.
Quick Pic: Lanterra's Burano Adds To The Developing Bay Street Canyon
June 29, 2010 1:00 am | by Craig White | Comments
The art of Burano is a congruence of sculpture, painting, delicate lace and effervescent hues against a canvas of colourful homes on the maze of narrow streets that have existed for centuries. This...
Our vision for the Murano glass tower, in downtown Toronto, started with internationally renowned architect, Peter Clewes. Peter designed the stunning glass-sheathed, twin tower project and carefully...
Related news• The Pug Awards Looks at New Condominiums in Toronto
• Lanterra Buys 11 Wellesley West For Future Development
• 990 Bay Gives Way to 1Thousand
• Bay Street Abuzz With Development Activity
• How to Create a Fresco: Sandro Martini Talks About His Monumental Work at Burano Condominiums
• Sandro Martini Feted as Burano Fresco is Unveiled
• Photo of the Day: Aura Rises Up From Downtown
popular dataBase projects
- Will Doug Ford join Monday's Mayoralty Debate? You can join the live audience. Check out http://t.co/1riFovranc #Toronto #TOpoli — 1 day 23 hours ago
- Today's #ProjectOfTheDay is #Sherwood at Huntington by @Tridel and @ConcertProp, coming soon to Bayview Avenue http://t.co/I76ljfyWQ1 — 2 days 2 hours ago
- @fortyork Visitor Centre opening is just days away! #Toronto #history http://t.co/YGkhYogfqL — 2 days 3 hours ago
- Check out new photos of #Toronto's One Bloor East #condos as curves take shape http://t.co/LYQ3wGkOwv — 2 days 5 hours ago
- The @AgaKhanMuseum is certainly one of this city's great architectural treasures. Beautiful gardens already evident. http://t.co/gFOA3vEx2X — 2 days 6 hours ago
- The #AgaKhan thanks those who helped create these "places and spaces of true enlightenment" in his opening remarks. http://t.co/yWITUyxtUY — 2 days 6 hours ago